Feel, Think and Act
4 October, 2019
At our first Equitas training in Gibsons BC, we learned the process to share our PASSION, the ISSUE of concern, and to then create a community ACTION project combining each of those passions and issues.
For example, Takin paired up with another person to brainstorm:
1. the passion (written in the star shaped sticky note) for Chatting, Talking and Connecting with
2. the issue (written in a circle shaped sticky note) of Employment
3. to create an action project (written in the square shaped sticky note) to host a COMMUNITY DINNER where people looking for jobs and employers can meet and network together.
Mariko paired up with a partner had
1.Lego as a passion,
2. 2-Spirit Spaces as an issue,
3. created a Lego-Clamation Project idea that can take place in five stages:
1) story sharing among youth related to 2-spiritedness;
2)split into small groups of 3-5 people!
3) decide on a storyline with progressive sections /scenes;
4) create still scenes using mediums such as lego, clay, fabric, cardboard etc.
5) take series of photos, and
6) present and celebrate with a final show for the community!
These are examples of how we can connect our HEARTS with critical THINKING and to build HANDS-ON projects to share with our community.
We enjoyed these exciting creative three step practical process!!